– Apart from the nerve wrecking aspect of it, and the nail biting? LOL Well, I chose the self-publishing route because I enjoy having creative control. We all have to follow our instincts when it comes to which direction to take. I researched all I could about the different options and loved the idea of self-publishing, so I went for it. I’m very serious about my work, so I used all of the professional services necessary to make it something I would be proud of.
What do you love about being an author?
– Oooh, making stuff up! I love being able to create new worlds, new people (without having to go through pregnancy again), and also connecting to authors and fans around the world. The whole writing community is just amazing!
If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you eat?
– J.K. Rowling. I might make a complete fool of myself and drool or something, but I would love to meet her. I would get me a filet mignon since she’s paying…well, I hope she’s paying o_0
– I had so much fun finding my Hollywood look-a-likes when I was searching. They would be:
Annie Fox- Jessica Alba
Nick Logan- Chris Pine
Derek Lake- Justin Hartley
Kevin Pierce- Asher Book
Andrew- Joe Manganiello
Jenny- Dianna Agron
Lisa- Deborah Ann Woll
Vampires – do you prefer them as sexy leads or blood hungry monsters?
– I’m going with both. A sexy lead who is most definitely a blood hungry monster. Don’t make me choose between one and the other though, I just can’t pick. I love both sides of Vampire guys—they make for very different and interesting stories.
If you had a time machine, which era would you go back to and why?
– Middle Earth…as an Elf. If that’s not possible then the 50’s so I can play dress up lol
What life advice do you wish you’d been given sooner?
– If the glass is half empty, pour more wine. Or you know, live more and worry less. I worry too much.
If you were a supernatural creature, what would you be and why?
– I think a witch. It’s truer to human kind so I’m going with that.
Where do you write best?
– In my kitchen nook!
What was the last book you read, and what were your thoughts on it?
– Vampire Academy. I enjoyed it a lot and can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
If you didn’t write in your genre, which other would you prefer and why?
– Straight up Romance. I just love love.
Where can fans find you online?
– At www.skanthony.com ;)